Monday, June 8, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth!

At the end of May, Chelsea and me had the opportunity to road trip it to California with Chelsea's family. Most of our time was spent at the happiest place on earth...Disneyland. We also spent a lot of our time exploring California Adventure.


Some rides we road just so we could say we did them and check them off our list...


...others we were anxious to ride.

I don't know if it is because I am just a kid at heart, or if I am just weird. Most the rides I found still have the classic feeling that I remember from when I was young.




We even got to meet the man himself. He is a lot shorter than I remember.


Of course we didn't go to California without hitting the beach. We enjoyed the day at Newport Beach; where we practically had our own little slice of heaven to ourselves. The weather was perfect for sand volleyball, swimming...even though the water was a little cold, and catching some sun.

All in all the trip was awesome! I found out real quick that you don't have to be a kid to enjoy these kind of things...even though Chelsea would debate that I am a kid trapped in a 6'4'' body. It was nice to be with Chelsea's family and just be away from school and work for a week. Sadly enough, reality set in the Monday when we were back into the swing of things at work.



































1 comment:

Steven and Whitney said...

I am glad you had a good time in California. Jealous! I haven't been to Disneyland in years. I love to see the pictures of you and Chels--giant and little person side by side. Thanks for hosting us this weekend. It went WAY too fast. I'm sad we had to leave and I had to say goodbye. August will come fast. We love ya guys and your little nephew will have a ball with you when he finally makes his appearance.